PORTUGAL July 14-21 2018
Just one room left and few places in a small dorm. Classes also open to those staying outside the resort.
Attuning to the Intrinsic Power of Yourself Through the 5 Elements
Hatha yoga, Lu Jong (tibetan healing yoga) and Meditation IN PORTUGAL, IMMERSED IN THE MAGICAL NATURE OF THE VICENTINE COAST NATURAL PARK
All classe will be held in both languages, English and Italian.
AUTHORIZED TEACHER OF NEELAKANTHA MEDITATION, E-RYT 500
Mark's method integrates over two decades of study and practice + 19 years of teaching into a potent system of Yogasana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Mantra and Meditation practice.
Each day, the classes of Hatha Yoga, Lu Jong, meditation and Yoga Nidra will be themed around one of the 5 primordial elements in nature. You will learn how to work with the beneficial qualities of these elements already present within you, and more deeply integrate those qualities. The supportive environment of the retreat will give you the space for deep assimilation of these qualities so you may return refreshed and re-oriented, with greater ability to engage with your life and any present challenges.
Are you new to Lu Jong? This is an opportunity to discover this ancient self-healing practice of the Tibetan Buddhism tradition. More about Lu Jong here.
The MONTE VELHO Eco Resort
On the Southern Coast of Portugal in Carrapateira, Monte Velho Eco-Resort is a holistic center dedicated to yoga focused on sustainable living and eco-energy. It is an ideal spot to appreciate the natural beauty of the region, where the high cliffs overlook the ocean, and the air vibrates with fresh breezes. It is an environment that supports an empowering experience of connecting to nature and your own natural self. As a holistic center, it is designed to offer all the comfort and space you need, with a large round wood Yoga Shala and a outdoor yoga space. Between your yoga classes you can enjoy the SPA for a sauna, steam bath or a massage. You can also swim in the natural lake of the resort and relax in a variety of calm and peaceful spaces that were placed for the purpose of joy and contemplation, all with amazing views of the surroundings. The rooms are cozy with simple decoration. There is a permaculture garden which supplies the kitchen with delicious fresh food all year round.
Other optional activities include Freesurf and Free Kitesurf, Surf classes, Bird watching, Diving, Fishing, Nature walking, Horse riding and cycling.
Join us to experience this magical environment in which you can rest and refresh every aspect of your being.
Welcome Dinner & Orientation
5 Elements Practices
Hatha Yoga+Lu Jong+Meditation+Yoga Nidra
Integration of Entire Week of Practice for Maximum Body-Mind Harmony
- 08.00 - 08.30 Meditation / Pranayama / Lu Jong (silence practice)
- 08.30 - 10.00 Breakfast
- 10.30 - 12.00 Hatha Yoga / Hatha Flow
- 13.00 - 14.00 Lunch
- 18.15 - 19.15 Lu Jong / Yoga Nidra / On Sunday introduction to Lu Jong for beginners (no class on Wednesday)
- 19.30 - 21.00 Dinner
- 21.00 Meditation (only Wednesday)
CHECK-IN Saturday, July 14th from 16.00 | CHECK-OUT Saturday, July 21st before 10.00 am
PRICES FOR 7 NIGHTS
The prices below include:
7 nights in a single, double or triple room. Classes of Hatha Yoga, Lu Jong, Meditation and Yoga Nidra.
Full board meals (food is vegetarian and vegan, partly produced by the resort and organic).
* Early bird rates with registration before January 31, 2018:
- Triple room € 880 (per person)
- Double room € 950 (per person)
- Single room € 1'220
- Shared dorm ( 6 beds) € 770 (per person). Shower and toilets at 100mts. Shadowed spot overlooking the ocean.
Booking after January 31, 2018 (in order to secure your spot an advance payment of € 400 will be requested).
- Triple room € 940 (per person)
- Double room € 1'010 (per person)
- Single room € 1'280
- Shared dorm (6 beds) € 770 (per person). Shower and toilets at 100mts. Shadowed spot overlooking the ocean.
It is also possible to stay outside the resort and only attend to daily classes.
NOT INCLUDED Transportation, flights, car and bicycle rental, transportation from the airports to the resort, use of the resort's SPA and treatments, horse riding.
TRAVEL Flights on Lisbon, Faro and Seville (Spain). Distance from Faro airport 1h20, distance from Lisbon and Seville about 3h.
ADDRESS Monte Velho, Carrapateira 8670-230 Aljezur - Portugal. t +351 282 973 207
Google map link: https://goo.gl/maps/PNSJx5q6cAz
INFORMATIONS & BOOKING email: firstname.lastname@example.org | phone +41763301048
To reach the venue:
AIRPORTS: LISBON, SEVILLE (Sapain) or FARO.
Faro is the closest airport (1.15h away from the venue) but starting from end of march-aril, if you still have to buy a ticket, finding flights to Faro (and cheap ones) may be quite a challenge depending where do you come from, in that case the Lisbon or Seville option could be the most convenient.
From Lisbon and Seville (both at about 3 hours drive from the retreat center) you could possibly rent a car or share one with other participants in the retreat.
Directions from Lisbon:
* Rent a car and drive yourself. Takes around 3h drive (route link)
* Public transport (the cheapest option, burt take quite longer) . Take the Metro from Airport to Jardim Zoológico. From there walk to Sete Rios Bus Terminal and take the bus to Lagos (20€, 4h journey) From there, take a bus to Vila do Bisbo and from Vila do Bispo the only way to arrive is by Taxi (15€) We can book it for you. The other option is a taxi, but it may cost around 240€.
Directions from Faro:
* Rent a car and drive yourself. Takes around 1h20min drive (route link) Take a Transfer, around 90€ each way (not included on the retreat fee), if you share with other participants it is much cheaper, we can happily organize the transfers for you.
* Public transport. Take the bus to Faro railway station and than the train to Lagos.
From there, walk to the bus station and take a bus to Vila do Bispo. From Vila do Bispo the only way to arrive is by Taxi (15€) We can book it for you.
Carrapateira is the closest village to Monte Velho, at 3 kms. It has some restaurants and small shops and two stunning beaches. The closest beaches are at about 4kms distance from the venue. Usually people go either by a shuttle from Monte Velho or a shared taxi (10€) or walking (may take 1:15h), the route is easy (but hilly coming back!). Cars and bikes can be rented in Carrapateira) Google map Link: https://goo.gl/maps/PNSJx5q6cAz